Experienced Oklahoma Family Lawyers Handle Divorce and Parenting Matters
Full-service firm assists individuals and families in the Northeastern Oklahoma area
Whether you are going through a divorce, looking to adopt, or facing another legal issue close to home, the attorneys at The Barksdale Law Firm, P.C. will seek solutions to your legal problems that protect your interests and loved ones. Our committed legal professionals are well-versed in matters of Oklahoma family law. Parents and divorcing spouses in the Northeastern Oklahoma area and throughout Oklahoma enlist our help to overcome some of life's most difficult challenges, and we take pride in delivering quality representation.
Dedicated Oklahoma attorneys advocate for the best interests of children
To ensure a secure future for your children after a divorce, the attorneys at The Barksdale Law Firm, P.C. provide caring legal counsel and advocacy. We can help you with matters including:
- Child support — Our attorneys will seek an arrangement in which you receive or pay an equitable amount of the financial support required to raise your children in a healthy, happy environment.
- Child custody and visitation — We advocate for parenting time to be divided in a way that grants a child stability and safety. We assert our clients' parental rights to make decisions about how children are raised.
- Adoption — We assist clients who seek to add children to their families through adoption. Our attorneys handle the legalities of this sometimes frustrating process so that you can concentrate on preparing for your new family member.
- Juvenile delinquency — If your child ends up in trouble with the law, their future and your parenting rights may be threatened. We can advise you on how to handle delinquency issues.
In all of these matters, we provide knowledgeable counsel at each step to protect your children’s welfare and your rights as a parent.
Focused counselors handle divorce, alimony and property division matters
Our attorneys help clients to end their marriage with as little stress as possible, but when disagreements can’t be resolved, we won’t hesitate to press your rights in court. Whether your breakup is contested or amicable, we provide comprehensive support for:
- Divorce — We guide you through the divorce process so that your rights are protected and you can move forward with confidence.
- Spousal support — So that divorce doesn’t unnecessarily disadvantage one party, we help you seek the best possible settlement or judgment for spousal support payments, whether you must pay alimony or will receive it.
- Property division — We will advocate for a fair allocation of your marital estate and debt, ensuring the court has a full financial accounting.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — We draft and review comprehensive prenuptial and postnuptial agreements that protect your interests and can alleviate some of the stress and uncertainty should you ever divorce.
You may find that mediation helps you and your partner to achieve amicable agreements about issues involving your children, property and finances. If mediation proves unproductive, however, we are skilled litigators who will advocate for your best interests in court.
Contact dedicated Oklahoma family law attorneys
The legal representation you choose will play an important role in shaping the terms of your divorce, adoption or other family law matter. Call The Barksdale Law Firm, P.C. at 918-321-4547 or contact us online to schedule a No consultation with a family law attorney. Our office is located in Okmulgee.