Accomplished Okmulgee Law Firm Advises Clients in Real Estate and Estate Planning Matters
Attorneys also assist Oklahomans with family law, business and criminal defense issues
Since 1947, The Barksdale Law Firm, P.C., has been a strong legal presence in northeast Oklahoma, assisting clients with a variety of legal concerns. Our two attorneys are native Oklahomans who have a combined 60 years of experience practicing law in the state. After serving in the U.S. Army, Bill Barksdale, a lifelong resident of Okmulgee, returned to practice law in 1973 with his father, John Barksdale, and his law partner, Dale Rainey. He was appointed City of Okmulgee Municipal Judge in 1979. He has continued his service as Municipal Judge while maintaining an active law practice. Heath Mueller received his J.D. and M.B.A. from OU in 2009. In addition to his law practice, he serves as City Attorney for Beggs, Oklahoma and Morris, Oklahoma. Both attorneys are proud to spend their professional lives assisting clients with legal issues related to the northeastern Oklahoma area pertaining to real estate law, estate planning, corporate law, family law and more
Reputable 75-year-old law firm provides high-level counsel
Current and former clients consistently recommend our firm to others because we have built a reputation as:
- Respected leaders in the legal community — Attorney Bill Barksdale is AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® a recognition of his legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with his work.
- Accomplished counselors for a wide range of issues — We have the knowledge to effectively resolve legal issues for clients in a wide range of areas and are admitted to practice before Oklahoma courts as well as United States district courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Communicative legal advocates — When we handle your case, we work to ensure that you clearly understand the potential short- and long-term consequences of each option we discuss so that you can make the best decision for your specific situation and goals.
Additionally, to most effectively serve clients, we provide flexible billing options, including hourly rates and fixed-fee pricing.
Knowledgeable attorneys assist Oklahomans with a range of legal concerns
We represent clients in the following civil and criminal law areas:
- Real estate — One of the largest parts of our practice is real estate law, in which we negotiate contracts and agreements, handle title searches and clearances and litigate a variety of property disputes.
- Probate and estate administration — We assist personal representatives of decedents with probate and other estate administration tasks. We also draft wills, trusts and other estate planning documentation.
- Family law — Our law firm represents clients going through divorce and advocates for them in matters relating to child custody, child support and other family law concerns.
- Business formation — Our attorneys counsel clients about business formation and other legal concerns associated with starting and running a business.
- Oil and gas law — Being in an area with extensive energy resources and production, we are knowledgeable in oil and gas law and well-qualified to address the legal challenges facing companies in this industry.
- Criminal defense — If you have been arrested, a criminal defense lawyer from our firm will work hard to protect your fundamental rights and secure the best possible outcome under the circumstances, whether that is an acquittal, reduction of charges or a favorable plea deal.
Our attorneys have the background and experience necessary to effectively resolve a wide variety of legal matters.
Contact our qualified law firm for help with your case
Since 1947, The Barksdale Law Firm, P.C. in Okmulgee has been pleased to assist northeast Oklahoma residents with real estate issues, estate and probate matters and other legal concerns. Call our firm at 918-321-4547 or contact us online at [email protected] to schedule a consultation.